Sunday, March 13, 2011

The End

I finally typed those two magical words back in October. That's when I finished the first draft of THE SHROUD. I decided not to come here and crow about it, because writing is rewriting. Which is what I've been doing these past several months. NOW I'm done. The script is finally done. And dammit, it's really good. I don't mean that in an egotistical "look at my shit" kind of way. I mean that as a neutral observer of human accomplishment throughout recorded history. Objectively, without a trace of arrogance, I can die happy, knowing that I've created what is quite possibly the best story in the last 50 years. Those 36 basic stories they say all stories are derived from? Well, they're gonna have to create a 37th category.

Now, you may be wondering: What's next? We live in the era of four-quadrant, transmedia, prepackaged, predigested and regurgitated lowest common denominator cheezwiz. How am I gonna sell this unique, amazing and original story to the bean counting suits? Simple. I'm gonna get a kick-ass producer, who will then package it with a kick-ass movie star. I don't want to jinx anything, but my new manager says that Robert Downey Jr. is interested in the role of Matthew, the Vatican bounty hunter who is tasked with tracking down the stolen Shroud of Turin. Ooops, did I just reveal a plot-point? Relax, I didn't spoil anything you won't know before the opening credits are over.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go take a victory lap.

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com